Property Tax Refund Program

The deadline to receive your property tax refund this year is August 15th, so I want to make sure everyone in our area has the information they need to take advantage of the program.

If you have a household income up to $93,480, or are a renter and have an income up to $50,430, then you may qualify the Homeowner and Property Tax Refund. In addition you can qualify for a Targeted Property Tax Refund regardless of your income if you are a homeowner and the net property tax on your homestead increased by more than 12% and at least $100 from 2007 to 2008. There is also a Senior Citizens Property Tax Deferral Program available that provides a way to defer portions of your homestead property taxes.

To apply for your property tax refund, you must complete the M1PR form, which is available at public locations such as libraries and other places where tax forms are distributed. You can also print a form online at:

If you have questions about your eligibility to receive a property tax refund, you can contact the Department of Revenue at (651) 296-3781 or by e-mail at You can also check the status of your refund by calling (651) 296-4444.

As your State Legislator, I want to ensure that those who are eligible for a property tax refund receive what they deserve. If you have any questions, please call my office at (651) 296- 7065. You can also e-mail me at

Comments are closed.